Navin M. Amin, M.D.
Dr. Amin received his Medical Doctorate Degree from Grant Medical College, University of Bombay, India. He received his DTM&H Degree from the University of Liverpool, England. He went on to complete his Internship as well as his Residency and Fellowship Programs as J.J. Group of Hospitals Bombay, India in Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, Cardiology, Neurology, and Diabetes.
Dr. Amin also did fellowship training in Internal Medicine at Hammersmith Hospital, England, and in Infectious Diseases at Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and at University Hospital for Tropical Diseases at London., England. Dr. Amin then went on to Uganda, East Africa as a Regional Medical Consultant in Internal Medicine/Infectious Diseases. He was in charge of the Intensive Care Unit at Westminster Hospital in London and Ontario, Canada and was an Associate in the Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease at Montiere Hospital affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Amin joined the Faculty as Associate in Department of Family Practice and Internal Medicine at Kern Medical Center in 1979. He is currently the Chairman of Family Medicine and Pediatrics and was Program Director for Family Medicine Residency program for 20 years (1981-2001)
Certificates and Affiliations:
- Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate American Board of Infectious Disease
- Diplomate American Board of Tropical Medicine
- Diplomate American Board of Hospital Physicians
- Diplomate American Board of Ethical Physicians
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians England
- Fellow of American College of Physicians
- Fellow of American College of Tropical Medicine
- Fellow of American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member of Infectious Disease Society of America
- Member of Kern County Medical Society
- Member of California Medical Association
- Member California Family Physician Association
- Member Infectious Diseases Association of California
- Professor of Family Medicine, University of California, Irvine
- Associate Professor of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles
- Associate Professor of Family Medicine, Stanford University