Victor Sorensen, MD, FACS
Dr. Victor Sorensen joined the Kern Medical Center Faculty in 2006. He currently serves in the capacity of Vice Chair of Surgery and the Residency Program Director.
Dr. Sorensen was an Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Nebraska in Omaha before coming to KMC. He previously served as Senior Staff Surgeon in the Division of Trauma/Critical Care at the Hurley Medical Center in Flint, MI and also at the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI.
Board Certification: American Board of Surgery, Diplomate
Surgical Critical Care
Medical School: University of Nebraska, College of Medicine
Internship: Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
Residency: Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
Fellowship: Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
Certificates and Affiliations:
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- Midwest Surgical Association
- Roy D. McClure Surgical Society
- Western Surgical Association