Jose A. Perez, Jr., M.D., M.S., Ed., M.B.A.
Dr. Perez received his Medical Diploma from Universidad de Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico and his Fifth Pathway Certificate from New York Medical College at Valhalla, New York. He went on to complete his Internship and Junior Assistant Residency in Internal Medicine at Waterbury Hospital Health Center, Yale University School of Medicine, Waterbury, Connecticut. He completed his PGY III Residency at Kern Medical Center. He served as Chief Resident during a PGY IV year.
Dr. Perez received his Master of Science degree in Medical Education from the Department of Medical Education at the University of Southern California and recently received his M.B.A. degree from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Dr. Perez joined the Faculty at Kern Medical Center in 1991 and his serving as Director, Medical Education and Program Director, Residency Program.
Certificates and Affiliations:
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Certified
- American College of Physician Executives and Certified Physician Executive - Diplomat
- American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- California Latino Medical Association
- National Associates Competition Review Board, American College of Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- California Medical Association
- Kern County Medical Society
- Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine