Jennifer Jane Abraham, MD, FACP
Dr. Abraham is the Program Director of the Transitional Year Residency Training Program at Kern Medical Center. She is also an Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Dr. Abraham graduated from UC Davis Medical School as a member of the AOA honor society and with the distinction of receiving the Outstanding Woman Medical Student Award from the American Medical Women’s Association. She completed her residency training in the Department of Medicine at KMC and had the honor of being Chief Resident during her senior year. At completion of her training, she was awarded the Robert S. Mosser Award for Excellence in Internal Medicine. She joined the hospital’s Department of Medicine as a faculty physician in 1990 and went on to get her Masters Degree in Education from the University of Southern California.
She and her husband, Dr. Edward (Bill) Taylor, have lived in Bakersfield for over 20 years where they are active community members and busy parents raising two sons.
Certifications & Affiliations
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- President, Kern County Medical Society, 2004
- President, Kern Faculty Medical Group, 1993 – present
- President, (Chief of Staff), Kern Medical Center, 2003-2004
- Society of Critical Care Medicine, member
- American Society of Bariatric Physicians, member
- California Medical Association
- Delegate to California Medical Association
- North American Association for the Study of Obesity, member