Medical Student Education
Welcome to the Kern Medical Center (KMC) Medical Student Education site, the online resource for potential medical students. As a prospective medical student, this is the place to start if you wish to obtain information that will be helpful to you in determining whether or not you qualify for a clinical clerkship position at KMC and to see if what we have to offer interests you.
As a medical student at KMC, you will:
- Gain exposure to patients with a wide spectrum of common and rare diseases
- Train with outstanding, board certified physicians & residents representing a wide array of medical and surgical specialties
- Learn clinical decision-making skills in a student-friendly environment
- Demonstrate your abilities to the KMC faculty & residents
- Interact with residency program directors, faculty and community physicians on the Teaching Panel.