Staff Development is a department in the Division of Nursing. While most of what we do is focused on nursing, many of our programs are
pertinent to non-licensed clinical staff as well as non- clinical staff. The department provides coordination, oversight and evaluation
of organization wide educational activities that foster ongoing development.
Staff Development Office
1700 Mt Vernon St.
G-Wing, Room 3303
Bakersfield, CA 93306
- Enter the main lobby of the hospital.
- Follow the hallway to the central elevators, located just outside of the cafeteria
- Take elevator to the 3rd Floor.
- Exit elevator, make a “U” turn and continue down the hallway through the double doors.
- Continue down a second hallway through a second set of double doors.
- Room 3303 is the first door on the right, just inside the double doors.
Nursing orientation is designed to introduce associates to the mission of the Department of Nursing. The goal of nursing orientation is
to ensure that orientees receive consistent information regarding policies, procedures, standards and documentation standards. Basic
competencies will be completed prior to unit specific orientation.
Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses and Nursing Attendants will be scheduled for 1 to 4 days of nursing orientation immediately
following new hire orientation and prior to unit orientation.
AHA Training Center
Kern Medical Center is an authorized American Heart Association training center for providing beginning and advanced life support classes.