Candidates for Kern Medical Center’s Visiting Clerkship Program have:
- A minimum USMLE Step I score of 210. (Students who do not meet this minimum requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
- Completed the respective core rotation before applying for electives in that subspecialty. (For example, a student applying for a medicine subspecialty such as Cardiology will have completed their Medicine core rotation.)
- Good academic standing at their medical school (Verification by medical school required.)
- An ability to communicate & are fluent in English. (A TOEFL examination is required for International Medical Students.) In addition, International students must have permanent residency or US citizenship; or can provide proper Visa documents allowing the right to work in the United States.
- Received the required immunizations.