Since our beginning in 1867, Kern Medical Center ("KMC") has served as an integral part of the community.
Our 222-licensed bed acute care teaching hospital and outpatient clinics offer many services unavailable to
the rest of the community. These services include:
- The only Level II Trauma program between Fresno and Los Angeles
- Academic teaching programs that have trained many of the physicians now practicing in our community. Each year, over 200 residents, fellows, and medical students enroll in KMC’s training programs.
- Hospital-based high-risk pregnancy services
- Inpatient psychiatric services integrated with the County's mental health programs
- Integrated outpatient clinics with locations at our Sagebrush Clinic (1111 Columbus Avenue), Medical Center Campus (1700 Mt. Vernon Avenue), and on Truxtun Avenue (6401 Truxtun Avenue, Suite A-1)
As an academic teaching hospital, we are affiliated with UCLA and its David Geffen School of Medicine, with many of our physicians also holding faculty positions at UCLA.
Our physician training ranges from three to five years with residencies in internal medicine, surgery, family practice, emergency medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, and psychiatry.
We offer an extensive array of services to all – regardless of their circumstances. We continue to add new medical technologies, recruit outstanding physicians in new specialties,
and further expand our affiliation with UCLA. We are proud of our founding mission focused on caring for you and your loved ones with the highest quality and most compassionate service.